
My husband had a shitty childhood. His father was a sexual predator who molested family members, was very abusive, and is currently on a list.My husband is a good man. He works hard and makes sure we don't go without. Babies are not his strong suit because he lacks patience and because he is scared he will lose his temper like his dad did.He loves his son, but has moments where I have to tell him to back off (he is never physical, but definitely needs a verbal filter).Ex. Toddler falls off couch and grazes the coffee table as he falls. Obviously it hurt and son cries. Husband immediately does the "oh, don't be a p*ssy" or "you're going to turn him into a fag" thing when I comfort son.Husband has great moments too, such as playing ball, making sure son learns new words, and feeding him when hungry. He shares dinner with him, and other things.How can I influence him during those "don't be a p*ssy" moments or when he gets frustrated because son is crying? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2n0LLeh
No comments:
Post a Comment