
A woman and her son (5 1/2 years old) moved to the house next to us in June. I'll call him J My son is 8 but on the immature side. I'll call him G. He is a sweetheart so he easily gets bullied because he doesn't want to fight with people and just wants everyone to get along. We have been reminding him to stand up for himself and it is improving, but not all of the time. My neighbors son, on the other hand, is a total bully. She does not have any discipline for him whatsoever. She does not parent him when he acts out. A few weeks ago, we went over there to play and they snuck inside her house while my neighbor was showing me something outside. I went in and called to them and they came back out and my son seemed upset. He told me when we got home that J locked him in his room and said "you're being punished and can't come out ever again". My son is very literal so he takes a threat like this seriously. Everyday for a week, J would wait for us in our driveway and beg my son to play with him after school. G was good about it and would say something like nope, not interested. But then J kept cornering us outside. We would take something out to our trash or recycling cans and he would run out of his house and get in G's face begging him to play. G would say nope and go inside. Well on wednesday when G was off from school, J asked if he could play again and G said sure. J came over and took G's scooter, no asking of course and just started riding it around. G went into their garage and got on J's bike. J said that's my bike, you can't ride it without asking. G said can I ride and Jsaid nope. Meanwhile he was riding my sons scooter around as this was happening. His mother just sitting there. I said did J ask if he could ride your scooter? J said yes, G said no he didn't. Of course I believe G. So I said fine, G if J can't ask to ride your things then you don't have to ask to ride his. J didn't like this of course and actually told me "I don't like you". Well of course you don't and I really don't care, the feeling is mutual lol. Anyways yesterday they were walking down the street and I was taking my recycling out. I saw them and called to my son to say hello. He came out, with his Nintendo DS, and waved. J ran down the street and came over and just snatched the Nintendo out of G's hands and started playing it. G was stunned but again, didn't want to be rude. My neighbor just stood there, watching him play it. So I snatched it back and said excuse me, but this isn't yours, and again if you expect G to ask to play with your things, you need to do the same. He said no I don't, I just take what I want. I said well you're not taking this. So she took him inside. I just feel done with these people. I honestly HATE parenting other people's children. I don't feel it is MY responsibility to tell YOUR child to behave. I don't know what to do. I have tried talking to her and she just says he is a "bossy baby". I don't really want G to play with him anymore, neither does my husband and neither does G. But he literally corners us outside whenever we are all home. He doesn't go to school, she homeschools him 1 day a week for an hour (that's another story ) so he literally sits by the window and waits until we get home after school. We live next door to each other. What would you do? Talking to her doesn't help. Discipline her child doesn't help. I can't avoid him because he watches my house like an undercover spy. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2mGdHo8
No comments:
Post a Comment