Sunday, 19 March 2017

Need help dealing with a difficult preteen


My middle child is 12. He has always been my most challenging child. Nothing particularly wrong, but my other two were much easier.My oldest is almost 15 now and he has never been much of a trouble maker. Some back talk when we was a preteen, but he stopped and apologized immediately after. He knew he was wrong without any prodding from us. I remember taking his phone one time because it was past his bedtime and he called me an idiot. I turned around and he apologized. That was about as bad as it got with him.My younger son seems to be pushing buttons a little more. We don't curse in the house, but my son has cursed at me twice this week. I took away video games for the week. He still has been giving me an attitude about everything. I call him down to get his laundry out of the drier and he rolls his eyes. He gets pissed if I tell him to pick his clothes up off the floor, which is one of the things he cursed me out for this week. He's been slamming doors a lot lately.I know some teens go through this, but I am tired of the disrespect. I think my older son has always been more disciplined naturally, which may have helped him during his preteen years. My younger son doesn't seem to have that same filter and it's making me crazy. What worked for your challenging preteen? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2mEQi5j

No comments:

Post a Comment