
she woke up from a nightmare and was crying. So I went in to her bedroom to console her and fell asleep next to her. Don't know how much time passed, but I noticed a change in her breathing pattern. When I checked she had her hand between her tightly closed thighs, rubbing over her pants. Looked like she was masturbating based on how she was breathing.I asked her if she was okay. She said it itches, turned around, and fell back to sleep. Asked her next morning about it and she said she was itching on her vagina, so she was scratching. She was a little embarrassed, so I told her it was nothing wrong, but something she should do when she's alone.A few questions: - was she masturbating? At 9, is that normal or too early? - is it like an adult masturbation where it is initiated by her or does her vagina get an itch or some other sensation like she says and makes her do it? - should I say or do anything more/different? - Also, is it time to stop sleeping in her bed on occasion?My wife says I am overthinking it and I should let her be. I feel like I didn't get enough info on sex and sexual organs from my parents which made a few things difficult for me - don't want to put my daughter in similar situation but am also wary of intruding too much.Any advice? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2mIZmat
No comments:
Post a Comment