
Hey, so my wife and I are both 35. It's been a year since we moved into another country. I am currently working as an associate professor at the local university, my wife has gotten her esthetician certificate and is in the process of renovating and designing her own spa. We are currently financially OK--currently my salary is approaching 6 figures. We are however paying back the mortgage on our new house.We already have 4 kids. The oldest is my son from a previous partner. My wife gave birth to the triplets (fraternal girls, spontaneous) a year after we got married. They are all studious, well behaved children and give us minimal trouble.My wife's parents [60's M/F] are living with us as well. They help out a lot around the house, e.g. cook meals, take care of the kids, etc. We got along great and I love them.Yesterday my wife told me something surprising. She is 2 months pregnant and the doctor confirmed it. This is odd because she has been taking birth control pills for almost a year. She thinks that she must have missed a pill.My wife is hesitant to keep it, because we already have 4 children and she thinks another one will be way too much work. Her parents, though, think that she should keep it and they are more than happy to help take care of it. They think that the kids are old enough to help out as well.I don't know what to think. On one hand I am delighted at the idea of another addition to our family, on the other hand I'm scared that we won't be able to handle 5 children. I am very conflicted. I know abortion isn't wrong but it feels wrong when we are able to support and care for the child and give it a stable home.I kind of want to convince my wife not to get the abortion. I understand that it's her body, her right, but I want her to consider other options. How do I get my feelings across?TL;DR: My wife is pregnant again but she is hesitant on keeping it due to the fact that we already have 4 kids. I feel bad about abortions and think we can support the kid. I don't know how to best talk to her about it. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2l4Rcbp
No comments:
Post a Comment