Hello Reddit community,I'm reaching out because I feel crazy and would welcome some unbiased advise. A little more than a year ago I married my mathematician husband after living together for 3 years. At first I thought he was perfect, the beginning stages are always great, right? My family seemed to like him, and he seemed to like them although no extensive time was spent. The only "red flag" I remember seeing was he was very jealous even very early on but I just felt this was because he really into me. I'm very very close with my family. This was understood day 1 of the relationship as a matter of fact he met my father when he picked me up for our first date, I was 25 at the time. Shortly after we married my father came to stay with us. We have a guest room and I was eatatic! Within the first day my husband had complaints, over in my opinion very trival stuff. Here are a few examplesWe go to leave the apt and my father explains I'm claustrophobic could be used the larger hallway to leave? (My apt has 2 entrances) sure I say. Why husband says, we always use this door. I say what does it matter let's use the larger door. Big fucking problem. I then hear," why did you side with him? He can't just come here and run the show, we always use this door if he wants to use that one fine but you need to follow me"A day or 2 later we are watching TV and my husband loses his mind that my dad is holding the remote. He tells me you need to tell your dad when he comes to my house he is not to touch the remote. Wtf? This is my father we are all agreeing what to watch who cares who holds the remote.More trival stuff later before my Dad comes again my husband tells me, unless your dad can respect me in my house he isn't allowed here. Now I lose my cool and tell him to grow up or get out...he then moves into the other room....Several days later its my birthday ...he never wished me happy birthday and made other plans....for his birthday I rented a cabin and made a huge deal.More examples: I work all day and am late to meet him at the expected time bc shit happens. He is pissed I'm talking 5 minutes and he loses it.We go to sit down for a dinner that he has cooked (he cooks I clean) we go to sit down and I say oh I forgot a glass of water. He loses his mind, " do u know how rude you are!? Now I have to wait on you"We are driving and he gets road rage....all the freaking time...I beg him please stop, I don't feel safe, we could get shot. He says, "stop I won't live that way" this is where it gets worse...if someone honks he must vindicitivly hit the breaks, slowing down isn't enough. He has been in many screaming matches with other drivers and this behavior scares me.Obviously there are great times too but I feel he has no empathy...and I will not stand for anyone being rude to my father.Just random info, maybe people have confided in me that he isn't warm and makes them feel he doesn't like them.He claims I need councleing to learn how to establish boundries with my parents..and that I don't love him as much as I love my father or I wouldn't allow my father to disrespect him..(everyone other then my husband LOVES my dad)..what would you do? Also thanks so much for your input in advance.P.s sorry this is in parenting! I made a Reddit to ask this question and mistakenly put it here. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2cxxIwQ
No comments:
Post a Comment