Saturday, 3 September 2016

Creep in neighborhood


So we have a sort of "car free" neighborhood - not as big, maybe 30 houses. Our kids (4, 2) are allowed to play on the path right in front of our house, and that's basically where all the neighbors pass through when they come or leave. They always say hello to everyone, and if people react, they ask them things etc. . Many of our neighbors are charmed by them and happy when they meet them.However, there is one old man who is a tad TOO happy to see them. I mean, there are people more excited about them, but he somehow seems creepy in communication and - most importantly - he almost does not talk to me at all. Maybe it is because I have met creepy people before in my life and he reminds me of them - but I was sceptical about him.Now last week, I was outside doing the laundry, when Creep passed by and almost didn't react to my greetings. When he came back, my kids also were there (inside the yard though), and he stopped to talk to them. When 4yo asked him "Where do you live?" (what he likes to ask everyone), he told him "Down this way, one of the houses there - you can come and visit me if you want."To which I immediately gathered the kids, and said "And now we're going inside, GOOD BYE." Inside I told them that never, under any circumstances, will they go anywhere without me, even less if someone else tells them to. (Not a new concept for them, I have told them earlier.)Now I'm wary about letting the kids outside. I do not even know Creep's name. However, since our yard is sort of shitty, and the kids love riding bikes and such, I would find it so sad if they weren't allowed to be outside anymore, just because one stupid creep in the neighborhood.I plan on being hostile towards him for an invented reason (or a real one, for example, the same idiot has once parked in front of my driveway), and then talking about him to our neighbors, who are sort-of high ranking in the neighborhood society (so to call). The lady is also very attentive and very scrupulous about everything, maybe she can tell me more or keep Creep in check.Additionally I'll teach them about "tricky people" and how to scream if someone does something to them they don't like and all that jazz... because obviously, having a 3rd baby and a bunch of things to do, I can't sit by and watch them any time they play.Any other advice? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2bJGcLg

No comments:

Post a Comment