Saturday, 24 September 2016

Has anyone else experienced this? Speech related


My son is 17 months old. I've had my concerns about his speech for a long while now - since he was about 10 months old. He didn't really babble much before 1, little bits here and there but nothing significant. He started a few months ago, but its limited to "mamamam" sounds and "iya" (he doesn't really say the y, and uses this sound for pretty much everything) very occasionally a "brrrrr" sound. No 'd' sounds, no 'n' sounds etc etc. It's almost like he can't do it. My HV agrees that there is a speech delay, and we have been referred to an 8 week play group programme which begins at the start of October. From there, they can tell us if they think he needs more sessions, more intensive therapy with an SLP, or if he's fine as he is. Has anyone gone through anything similar, have any idea what it could be? It's really starting to bother me, I feel like an awful mum. I keep being told speech will come, but when I see kids younger than him or the same age communicating I really feel like I've failed. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2cUPsmw

No comments:

Post a Comment