Wednesday, 21 September 2016

Antidepressants and pregnancy


Hi friends. I'm a mother of 2 boys aged 2 & 3. I have suffered from anxiety since childhood, but only started medication after the birth of my second son. I was prescribed 50mg of Zoloft daily. Last November my eldest son was in a bad accident which I witnessed, and I was bumped up to 100mg. Things have been going fine and I have felt great. Last week I found out I am unexpectedly pregnant with baby #3 and my doctor has advised me to slowly come off my meds. I immediately cut down to 50mg, then 4 days later to 25mg, and today was my first day with none. I feel weird. I'm not sure if it's morning sickness or my body missing the meds. I'm also anxious, but not sure if it's the surprise and anticipated of being pregnant, or the lack of meds. Can anyone share their experiences with either coming off or staying on their meds whilst pregnant and what the side affects were for mom and baby? Thanks via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2cCUezr

No comments:

Post a Comment