I gave birth two weeks ago to a very adorable, very desired baby girl. I love her so much but I'm worried I don't enjoy the act of mothering her. I'm exhausted, frustrated, feeling disconnected from everything. She's been slow to regain her birth weight so we've been supplementing with formula, and I can't get rid of the awful sanctimommy in my head who judges me for that. She has some reflux and has woken in the night once or twice gagging; I can barely sleep I'm so terrified I won't hear her struggling. My first pregnancy ended in miscarriage and I think I'm too aware of how easily things can go wrong. The daytime is fine; I sing her songs and we coo at each other. But at night she gets fussy and I feel helpless, and like I was an idiot for thinking I'd be cut out for this.I know every age will have its challenges but can someone please tell me there are rewards coming? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2daRbUq
No comments:
Post a Comment