Thursday, 4 April 2019

How can I deal with a pathological liar?


My 11 year old daughter is the worst liar I have ever met. She lies about literally everything she can. She has lied to me, my parents, her teachers, my husband, random strangers. This has been going on since she was 9 and it just gets worse over time. I asked her pediatrician and she told me to wait out this "phase". I've also asked friends and they've given me poor advice as well. I feel so alone and like I've let her down as a mother. Also the lies aren't small either. She told her friend my husband and I were drug addicts because "it was funny". That's her excuse for almost every lie. I ask her "why would you say that?" and she'll say "I don't know" or "I thought it was funny". We're considering taking her to a therapist. Any advice? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2OO44CA

No comments:

Post a Comment