Thursday, 4 April 2019

Brave little dude


My son, now six, had some rough allergy/asthma/eczema issues as a tiny fella. He had an allergy panel done sometime in his first year, showed a reaction to peanuts and some other stuff. He hasn't had any major reactions since babyhood (we went to one of those peanuts-on-the-floor places and found out the hard way, FYI those are dumb places to take your baby...)We take all the precautions, epi-pens around just in case (haven't had to use one yet, thankfully) no peanut exposure, yadda yadda yadda...A couple of days ago he mistakenly took a big bite of a peanut Cliff bar and freaked the fuck out when he realized it. He hadn't swallowed yet, started hollering and spitting it all over the living room, just assuming he has just taken a big bite of his fate, like, this is the big one, Elizabeth, death is certainly imminent.He was totally fine, no reaction at all.We have discussed before this (in an informative, no-pressure way) what an allergy panel is and how they suck to get done (what with the stabbing and whatnot) but that they could tell him if he had grown out of any of his allergies.He came home from school yesterday (after thinking about his Cliff bar brush with death all day, I guess) and asked me to schedule an appointment to get a poky panel done.I reminded him that the procedure sucks, for the sake of full disclosure.He said, "I know. I just wanna know, you know? But can you schedule it on a Saturday so I don't miss school?"He's awesome. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2G0h0Cs

No comments:

Post a Comment