Tuesday, 23 May 2017

Fellow parents, let's brag. What makes you an awesome parent?


I'll start. My teenage daughter came to me the other night because one of her friends was texting her about suicidal thoughts. My daughter was crying, panicked, and had no idea what to do.So she came to me, gave me her phone, and said, "Can you talk to him?" which I did.The next day, he was angry with her and she showed me his texts. It wasn't his texts that struck me, though. In response to his anger, my daughter had written, "I'm sorry you're mad at me, but I'm not sorry for what I did. I was scared and went to my Mom because I trust her and I knew she would know what to do. We both needed an adult."She can't keep her room clean, she sometimes whines about doing the dishes, and she's been known to come into the house after school and disappear into her room for hours, but damnit, she came to me when she needed help from someone she could trust.Me! Her mom! That's awesome. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2qTEWhG

No comments:

Post a Comment