
Our last babysitter failed to show up on my wife's an I's anniversary, and she never returned any of our calls or texts afterwards. We were surprised and confused since she had been reliable up to that point and we never had any problems with her before that. As far as I know we were on good terms after her last visit, we treated her with respect, we're friendly, our kids have good manners and are really well behaved (at least as far as we know and she nor their teachers have had anything but praise for them), we paid her what she asked for, she was welcome to anything in our fridge and we always left money for her to order dinner for her and the kids.Maybe she was just a bad babysitter or maybe we did something wrong, which is why I'm asking you guys... we've got a new babysitter coming soon and we don't want to lose this one, so I'm curious how all of you treat your babysitters?Some conversation starters...How often do you have them babysit?How much do you pay them per hour? (And what state/country do you live in for context)Do you tip them or is their hourly wage sufficient?Do you provide meals/money for them or expect them to bring their own food?If you provide meals, do you try to find out what they like or just have something simple/ready to eat? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2mRdsYc
No comments:
Post a Comment