Saturday, 4 March 2017

Trial run at parenting two boys. I am incredibly nervous, help.


I never thought I would be a parent and frankly didnt care to be one. That said I do enjoy kids. Anyway, my sister passed away leaving her two sons as orphans. A four year old and a two year old. They currently live with my mother in a different State. Long story short, theres a custody dispute between their opposing grandmas. The contention is jealousy based and they both seem ok with the idea that neither of them should have these kids and that they are raised far away from the others influence. (Yes, I am indeed related to narcissists!)Which brings me to the trial run. They are to come to me at the end of March for two weeks. The grandmas agree that if the kids want to live with me after that, I should take them. So thats the background.What do I need to know about handling two toddler boys. From Facetiming I know they love Spiderman and all things superhero. I dont know how to translate that into activities though. I'm taking some beginners magic classes online because I figure all kids love to see stuff appear and disappear. I'm thinking of maybe some crafting supplies but I dont know what. I used to love gelping with the baking as a kid, do boys get into that?And then theres the discipline. I want them to ask to live with me but I dont want to have to overlook bad behaviour for all two weeks. I dont have time to read books this month but I can squeeze in quick parenting video clips or podcasts on my off time. What can you recommend on teaching me how to be both tough and fun. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2mXQvRI

No comments:

Post a Comment