Tuesday, 21 March 2017

Public or Private school?


So we have put our daughter on the list and the time is fast approaching, if we want private we have to pay the bill. The money is not what I'm worried about, it's the decision in general. My husband and I both grew up fairly poor, him even more so than me, and we were public school all the way. We have done fairly well for ourselves and have the ability to comfortably put our children in private school, but I honestly don't know that much about it. I know the curriculum, college graduate rate, parental involvement requirements, things of that nature, but I have no idea what it's really like. Being the poor kid growing up (graduating class of 52, all but 2 I'd known since kindergarten, husband similar), public school was not a great experience for us, but our kids are not in that situation. I feel like the private school is a better teaching ground (or should be), I'm a little overwhelmed though even walking through the doors, like I don't belong there. Why did you make the choice for public or private?Edit: a sentence via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2nNqdTt

No comments:

Post a Comment