Monday, 20 March 2017

My mother died. How do I explain cremation to my 3 year old daughter without traumatizing her?


My mom died last Thursday. We've had a really successful time explaining death to my 3 year old daughter. We've told her that nana's invisible self has left her body and is with God now and that she's left her body behind and doesn't need it anymore. Little girl is taking it all in stride and understands that nana's body is just a shell now, like a car without a driver.My problem now is that we are going to bring home her cremains tomorrow. My smart little girl is going to wonder how we fit big ole nana into this tiny jar. I have no idea how I'm going to explain this. I'm afraid that mental pictures of nana's body burning in a fire will be too traumatic. Any advice is welcome. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2nVTVVx

No comments:

Post a Comment