Friday, 3 March 2017

I feel intimidated by the thought of my daughters becoming a sexual beings. It has never happened to me before.


Hello. A few days ago I walked in on one of my two daughters (17, twins) masturbating in her room. She was reasonably angry at me for barging in unannounced and I apologized. Generally I knock but the door was open and there's never been problem in the house with this before. They're allowed to lock their doors whenever they want.After what happened, I've been thinking a lot about it and I'm seriously intimidated by the thought of her having sex and sexual relations of any kind, including with herself. I know it's silly, well it's not but it feels like that.I've always been extremely open, answering any explicit question they have had, and her mother and i have made it clear that they can have sex in their rooms without worries other than safety and decency. They've never had sex as far as I know and there's no reason for them to actively hide it. Maybe they have or one of them has, and hasn't told us, maybe not. The only worry would be safety.However, I don't think we've ever openly talked about masturbation, or pornography, which she was watching. I don't know, it has never come up. All sorts of crazy thoughts went through my head, boys their age taking advantage of them, mostly, even older men, but just the thought of them in any sexual setting scares me, mostly for the daughter I found masturbating.It probably doesn't have anything to do with anything but when they were 7 they experimented with each other. I noticed they touched each other's genitals one day when taking. I didn't freak, but later explained separately about the body parts that were private and generally shouldn't be touched, and all that talk. It happened a few times and I reiterated every time. I honestly don't know why that came to mind, but it's been floating in my head ever since.I don't know why I'm worried honestly but I am. My wife is not in the city so I haven't had a chance to talk to her, and all the parents I know are considerably less sex positive than we are, in fact some have some pretty wrong conceptions, so I haven't talked to anyone. So maybe all I just want to hear is that this "panic mode" is more common than I think. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2miSC5H

No comments:

Post a Comment