Sunday, 19 March 2017

Faulty Toy alert


Hello all. I am here on behalf of a parent from imgur who made some posts that didn't really gain much traction there. They also recorded a video of this toy in action.I just thought this was an important faulty toy to alert to any parents with infants or toddlers who might have or want to buy this Fisher Price toy that could be faulty.I read on their post that Fisher Price has stated to them that only a few of these toys are faulty, but 1 faulty toy is still extremely bad for families.So, the story of the toy in a more concise form: the battery pack has a piece of metal that partially sticks into where one of the battery negatives sits, closing it into a new circuit that can burn out the terminal and be much more potentially dangerous.The issue here is slightly accentuated by the slight size difference between regular and rechargeable batteries (rechargeable batteries have a slightly flatter negative terminal and is a little wider / longer [maybe negligible otherwise, but this is what the OP used and burned out]).So, buy with caution. I would crosspost this, but I don't really know where else to post it. Feel free to share information. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2nnbbqk

No comments:

Post a Comment