
Just a quick question.My oldest son is 12 and a half. He's in 7th grade and will be 13 in July. He has two really good friends who are both 13 years old. I know one of the moms really well, but I have only met the other mom once or twice.Anyway, my son asked me a couple of days ago if I could drop him and his friends off at the mall. They were going to hang out at the house first and then head over to the mall. I didn't see an issue with it. I was texting one of the moms (the one I don't know that well) and she asked me what time she should be here to pick up her son. I told her that I would be picking up the kids from the mall around 3:00, so 4:00 would be fine. She said, "Picking them up? I was under the impression that you would be supervising." I told her that I had planned to drop them off and she eventually seemed fine with it, but she did say that she never let her son go to the mall unsupervised before and told me that she was nervous about it.It didn't end up being a big deal. She came and picked her son up and didn't seem to have a problem with me not supervising their mall trip. I just thought it was weird that her son has never been to the mall unsupervised and that she was nervous about it. Then I started wondering if I was the weird one here. Don't most 13 year old kids hang out at the mall without their parents? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2mKNDrF
No comments:
Post a Comment