
He is going through testing with a neurologist right now. They are going to do an EEG and a neuro-psych evaluation. And he's starting ABA therapy as soon as the results are in (so maybe a month from now). He was seeing a therapist before that he loved, but she really wants him to get into ABA. I agree that it's the best option.But he's not sleeping now! I already called the neurologist and the therapist to update them. But maybe someone here has experience with this and can offer suggestions?Before bed the routine is dinner, shower, an hour of playtime or a movie, and then bedtime at 8pm. If he is high energy that day, we go to the park or ride our bikes before dinner.But now he is going to sleep and waking up, usually around 10pm. I'm usually asleep by then, but I'm back in school and have been staying up late to get assignments done. So now I'm noticing it. Idk how long it has been going on. The first few nights, I made him get back in bed only for him to immediately get back out once I left the room. One night, I stayed up just to see how long he would without my intervention. It was after 3am!I have tried soothing music, putting on star wars and dimming the brightness on the tv, a nightlight that puts stars all over his room, laying with him until he's asleep, and chamomile tea. Last night he woke me up twice at 1am and 2am to ask if he could have to the remote. I told him no and that if he doesn't go to bed there will be consequences.Someone gave us a weighted blanket and he absolutely loved it. He slept well for two days. But now he's back to getting up in the middle of the night.One of his teachers told me that he has been falling asleep at school after recess. She has been letting him nap in her office for 30 minutes because if he stays awake then he gets cranky and takes it out on other students.Like I said, I've been in contact with his doctors and therapist and even his soon to be therapist. He woke up with a fever this morning so I'm about to call the pediatrician.I know it's a long post, but I'm exhausted and just need help.Td;lr: kid is waking up in the middle of the night, playing, and going back to bed at early morning hours. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2kHHe3N
No comments:
Post a Comment