I am a parent of two kids and a radio producer. After some very violet sexual attacks on children in the town that I live in, I would like to put together a series of child-friendly and child-oriented PSAs that help teach kids about physical and sexual abuse (as well as giving parents ideas about what to say).I'm thinking it will have to be a series....Adults you can trust (one of the children was murdered by a parent, I want one to remind kids that there are multiple people in their lives ready and willing to listen to them)Good touch vs. Bad touchSafety with strangersKeeping secrets that hurt your heart Other Topics? I'm sure there's more.So, my question is... what books might you recommend that might help me frame this better toward elementary aged children? Or what things have you heard or used with your children that helped them understand a very complex and adult topic? I've certainly worked with my own kids regarding these things, but since I will only have 30sec to 1 min to tell these "stories" I need things that are precise and to the point. And I'm very long-winded. I really appreciate it, TYIA. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2cTJLFg
No comments:
Post a Comment