Saturday, 24 September 2016

getting back on track from sleep regression with 9m old (twins)


I thought I was blessed with awesome sleeping babies. I felt triumphant when my method of getting my kids to night sleep and nap worked, against what every one said I should do instead (hush hush ex MIL, mom's rule is law).Now I am going through 9m sleep regression. They will still sleep most of the night. Approximate 7pm bed time, now a 4-5am wake up call. I can't put them to bed later, as they are cranky as F most of the time by bedtime, if not just sooky and tired. It's not bedtime that's a problem (but oh how I miss 6am wake up calls), but their naps...We've regressed back to 3 naps a day and they are about 1 hour each. I'm a single parent having sleeping struggles of my own (I'm working on them through trial and error), and the 2-3 hour morning nap that they used to take after second breakfast is now broken up into 2 naps, 7am and 9am, one hour each and then another quick nap in the afternoon. I used to love that long nap because it meant I could clean, cook, chill, sleep, shower.. I could get things done! I have so much that I need to get done! Now I just want a nap. I'm SO tired, but I can't even get to sleep cuz by the time I doze off they are awake again.I know this is probably just a phase, but does anyone have any tips to get them back on the healthier 2 nap schedule? I fear for my sanity if this is the new norm. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2cZ3FdN

No comments:

Post a Comment