Thursday, 22 September 2016

Toddler won't stay asleep.


My daughter is 2 and a half years old, and she hasn't been sleeping through the night lately. This is the kid that has slept through the night since she was 2 months old. But now...I put her to bed around 8-9pm, and she'll wake up around 11pm-12am, crying that she's hungry and her diaper is wet and she's thirsty. Doesn't matter how much she eats in the evening. I usually try to make her eat a snack RIGHT before bed, and I always leave a water bottle next to her bed. But for the last few weeks, she always wakes up hungry/wet/thirsty about 2-3 hours after I put her to bed. And then it can take up to 4 hours to get her to go back to sleep, because when she wakes up, she's AWAKE and ready to run around and play and jump on the bed and read books and watch TV and omg. I'm a night owl anyway, but this is wearing on me. We both end up sleeping until 11am or 12pm, and I feel like that's just not helping things at all. Yesterday I tried to get us up at a reasonable hour and I was just a zombie the entire day, and she ended up waking up at 11pm and stayed awake until past 2am anyway.Halp. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2cwBiEM

No comments:

Post a Comment