Saturday, 3 September 2016

Pregnant with our 3rd boy and now I hate people.


My wife and I are pregnant with our 3rd boy and we couldn't be happier. We're due in November and are so excited! I'll have to armor plate the house now and buy myself full body armor, but it'll be great!With our first two boys we did not find out the gender, this time we did. Of course all of our co-workers (we don't work in the same industry so it's two different groups of coworkers) were excited for us and couldn't wait to hear the gender once we had the Ultrasound. Everyone just kept telling us it was a girl because we've had two boys and this had to be a girl and a few "oh gosh, you wouldn't want a third boy."My wife knew very early on it was a boy, but I was convinced it was a girl because she was slightly moodier this pregnancy lol. Once we found out we were over the moon to have another boy and we would have been equally excited to have our first girl.So of course everyone at work wanted to know. So we'd tell everyone we're having a 3rd boy and the reactions were mostly disappointment and a "better luck next time" sort of vibe. Comments like "oh, that's OK. You'll get your girl" or "You have to have a girl!" No. F you.Would we love to have a girl? Absolutely. Would we love to have a 4th boy? Absolutely. Are we going to try to get pregnant just to try for a girl? No. I've seen so many people get pregnant hoping it's one gender and when it turns out to be the opposite they are disappointed for at least a moment. Like, you're having a baby, what's there to be disappointed about?/rant via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2c1fdym

No comments:

Post a Comment