Tuesday, 20 September 2016

Picture Day Drama. Is my wife overreacting?


Tomorrow is picture day for my older two kids. My wife was helping them pick out clothes to wear. She wanted them to dress up a little more than normal, but nothing too extreme. Just jeans and a nice shirt. My 5 year old objected to this completely because he really wants to wear a basketball jersey.I personally don't think it is a big deal and am fine with him wearing the jersey. He got the jersey in June and it is still in good condition. It isn't some old ratty jersey that he wants to wear. My wife thinks that we should force our son to wear his button up shirt. She thinks it's important for the kids to know that there are certain events that you dress up for. I agree, but I don't think picture day is one of those events. I wouldn't let him wear the jersey to a funeral, but for his picture day? I don't see an issue. It's his picture and I would prefer to have a happy kid on picture day than a sad one. Am I missing something? Do you make your kids dress up for picture day in elementary school? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2cI52la

No comments:

Post a Comment