I feel like I have failed as a parent. I am a mom to a 9 (almost 10) year old boy. And a 6 year old boy.They're as different as night and day. My 6 year old is very "go with the flow" he doesn't give me any trouble. He's a little hyper, but when corrected once, he apologizes and does what he is told. He helps out without any opposition. Very kind, thoughtful, all around good kid. He loves being outside, hardly ever watches TV or video games, is eager to try new things and play new sports. He makes friends so easily.My 9 year old fights me on everything. I can't get him out of the house. He is mean to his little brother and bullies him. He won't try anything new food wise. Gives me hell whenever I ask anything of him. He will make rude faces and give me dirty looks. He has a horrible attitude about everything. He won't try anything new. Doesn't want anything to do with sports or making friends, which in turn has made him overweight. Homework time is ridiculously difficult. He argues and is disrespectful to me. He wants to boss his little brother around and bully him. I feel like I have failed as a parent. I don't know where I went wrong. And I obviously know I am to blame because I have let him behave like this. I have let a 9 year old rule the house for too long.Before anyone judges, I know I am to blame. So, please keep those comments to yourself. I just need help, or advice. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2cFYReg
No comments:
Post a Comment