Friday, 2 September 2016

Parents of preemies - my preemie, now 8 months old, doesn't seem to be "catching up". When did your preemie "catch up"?


Hi everyone.My son was born at 34 weeks. He is now 8.5 months old (actual age, 7 months old adjusted age). Like I said in the title, my son doesn't seem to be catching up developmentally, in fact, he seems to be falling more behind developmentally. He sees his pediatrician regularly, and the pediatrician does not think there is anything seriously wrong, but she has noted that he is delayed, and he is seeing a physiotherapist to work on his gros motor skills.I'm not writing looking for medical advice, I am more just curious - when did you notice your preemie starting to catch up developmentally? When would you say they were fully caught up? I had always heard that it happens by 2.I have a 2 year old as well, so I know A LOT happens between 8 months and 2 years, but I guess I would have hoped to see him starting to catch up by now, not falling more behind!Thank you! via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2bPPs0B

No comments:

Post a Comment