My 6yo is a super heavy sleeper, just like his dad. Unfortunately this means that he does not wake up when he has to pee. We've identified as many contributing factors as we can and mitigated those. He can go weeks without bedwetting but then it will crop up again without warning. He hates wearing pullups/goodnites/whatever and will take them off in the middle of the night. We've also tried a bedwetting alarm (didn't do jack), and we've gotten in the habit of waking him up to go to the bathroom around 11pm before we go to bed, which sometimes helps. We never say anything negative about it, just matter-of-factly change his bedding and move on.Last night, though, really took the cake. I went in to take him to the bathroom at 10:30, and found that he had peed the bed, put pillows over the pee spot, and peed on the pillows. Rather than do a full bedding change (I know, I know) I got him fresh pillows, put a comforter over the pee spot, and got him fresh blankets. When I got up in the morning I found that he had peed on the comforter, gotten up and moved to the couch, and peed on the couch as well.I'm wondering if a doctor might be able to do anything to help him? My mother keeps telling me that she took me to a chiropractor who cured my bedwetting when I was 5, but I'm quite dubious of that.Any tips?? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2bIpQm9
No comments:
Post a Comment