Thursday, 22 September 2016

Lost a shoe.


I took my 9 month old on a run Monday. She was not in the mood to sit in her jogging stroller. She somehow managed to drop one off her shoes without me noticing. I saw a bare foot and luckily the shoe was only 10 meters or so behind us. I tucked it into the bottom of the stroller. I was happy i found the shoe. Those shoes are the only ones we have that fit her well right now. And they will go great with her Halloween costume.The rest of the run was not fun. My kid cried if I stopped singing for any length of time. I just started running again, after having her. Running and singing is far from easy for me.When we got home, I unloaded the stroller. No shoe. One shoe on her foot. No shoe tucked in the bottom of the stroller. I was so frustrated with myself. I felt crappy from the run. I was struggling with not being mad at my little kid. I smiled and kissed her, but I was disappointed on the inside. I thought that if she had only say still and enjoyed the run then the shoe would still be on her foot.After the run I took a shower and my husband watched her. I cooled down and processed my ill placed feelings. It was just a shoe, albite a cute shoe. I posted lost ads on a few fb groups and searched for it later that morning. It still hasn't turned up. I have concluded a dog must have converted it into a toy.This morning we went on another run. My kid babbled and laughed on the run. I feel redeemed and I am over the missing shoe. I did look for the lost shoe, but no luck finding it. Now we need to figure out what to do with the remaining shoe...TDLR: went on run with kid, lost shoe, don't know what to do with remaining shoe. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2dkair4

No comments:

Post a Comment