Saturday, 24 September 2016

I am concerned about my son's social development. He's shy and socially awkward.


My son will be 17 in a few months and I'd be shocked if he's even kissed a girl once. Girls who seem interested in him call him sometimes and ask him if he wants to hang out or go to a party with them but he usually says no so he can stay home and read books. And I've overheard conversations he has with girls who call him and he talks in a very shy voice to them. There are two girls at our church who come up to him and talk to him every time we go. They are obviously trying to get his attention (they call out his name when they see him and say hi and want him to sit next to them), but he gets shy and awkward around them, especially when they hug him. We went on a cruise over the summer and a girl on the boat was talking to him a lot and hugging him and he just seemed very awkward around her. I worry about him and worry that his social skills aren't developing normally. At his age I'd already had a girlfriend and it seems like most other boys have as well. I suppose it's possible, but I don't think he's gay given the fact that he gets nervous around girls but is comfortable around other boys. What should I do? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2cZbEJJ

No comments:

Post a Comment