Hello /r/parenting! I'm hoping you can help me navigate a situation that has been bothering me.I have a 4.5 year old daughter. She attends a preschool where she's met a pair of lovely friends her age. They are two girls who live in the neighborhood, and they all get along perfectly together. I love getting them together, as they have such fun...and I've become good friends with their parents, too. Well, one set of parents more than the other...One of the girls, who is just lovely, has a brother who is 7 years old. Whenever I invite the girls over to play, it's a given that he will be there, too. HE IS A TORNADO.The last time I had them over, over the course of 3 hours, he broke my daughter's umbrella, a ceramic coaster, our dustpan... He repeatedly threw stuff on the floor and stomped on my daughter's toys. There were a couple rooms (garage, master bedroom, guest bedroom) that I expressly said were off-limits to the kids. He went in ALL of those rooms, climbed up on high shelves, and threw everything on top of them on the floor and left it all there. He easily spilled more food and drink than the three younger girls combined.As far as I am aware, he doesn't have any diagnosed behavioral issues. Just a lack of respect for other peoples' homes.Now, my house is certainly not pristine. But I do spend a good amount of time every day working to keep it looking presentable.I would like to nurture the relationship between my daughter and her friend, and also get to know the mom better. But every time I've had them over, it's been a similar story. How can I best approach this situation?Thanks for any suggestions and comments! via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2cKgLfP
No comments:
Post a Comment