Monday, 4 November 2019

Six-year-old who doesn't absorb what we're saying


I have a dreamy six-year-old who spends a lot of her time with her head in the clouds. This means she's always doing strange, mindless things like dropping food on the floor, tugging on our clothes to the point of ruining them and even licking us!However, what is increasingly frustrating is that she doesn't seem to even notice when we tell her what she is doing is wrong. She'll often say "Oh, sorry, I wasn't paying attention" and then go right back to doing it.The other day she was outside on her bike when it started raining."Quick! Inside it is raining!""Huh?""It is raining! Put your bike in the garage!""Oh no, we'll get wet!""So put your bike in the garage!""Ok!"(she stares at my blankly)"PUT YOUR BIKE IN THE GARAGE""Sorry, I wasn't paying attention."And then she rode her bike off down the driveway in the rain away from the garage! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2JRt7n3

No comments:

Post a Comment