Tuesday, 5 November 2019

I'm pretty sure my friend abuses her 3 young children. I just need some perspective on the situation please.


Hi allI've been hanging out with a mate regularly recently at her house as I just moved down the street. She has always been incredibly pleasant to me.Over the last few months, I have been witness to her behaviour towards her children, but I haven't spoken up until today. Part of it is the taboo nature of telling someone how to parent. It's eaten at me and I regret it. However, because I have seen her behaviour on so many occasions, I am in a good position to speak with conviction about her nature.I wrote her this text today. This is genuinely how she interacts with her children daily.Just wanted to share it with Reddit and gain some others' perspective.Thank you....."You chronically ignore your children, when they try and engage you swear at them, you tell them to fuck off, you say vile things to them including they are disgusting, you behave in all the ways you claim to despise in them.You are verbally and emotionally abusive.You make a 3 year old wait half an hour to go for a swim which is impossible for a 3yo because you "need another ciggie" even though you chain smoke all day, and tell him to fuck off.Your kids are never allowed to talk to you because you shove them back inside. That's neglect. You show them everyday that a phone screen is infinitely more valuable than they are.You never compliment them. You are so self absorbed that you see your child spewing as an imposition on you. You are regularly violent. They behave infinitely better than you and you are the adult.".... via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/32iLgAy

No comments:

Post a Comment