
So, for a bit of background: I'm a single mother of two small children, and don't have a whole lot of support. I've been relying on my mom quite a bit because of that.But the last time I saw her she casually admitted to spanking my son when he threw things at his little sister. This made me feel incredibly uneasy and I didn't know what to say.She's also been trying to get me to spank him sometimes, and telling stories about how well it worked with her brother, and how the pediatrician even recommended it. She doesn't seem to realize those were different times and it's not even not recommended anymore, it's pretty much illegal in my country (the Netherlands), as far as I know.Idk. I could talk about it with her but I know she'll just explode so I'm just thinking to not let her watch my kids ever again. She does more things that I don't agree with, like giving them animal products (I'm vegan) and candy (I don't like giving them things that are pure sugar, cookies and stuff are fine though), but those things are excusable and don't bother me too much.This... I don't know. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2CgP4re
No comments:
Post a Comment