Tuesday, 5 November 2019

My 30 month doesn’t say “I love you” or give kisses/ hugs.


My wife is upset because she thinks our 2.5 year old daughter doesn’t love her. I disagree with this as she often cries for “mommy” when she isn’t around, and smiles, laughs and likes to play games with us. However, she’s a late talker and doesn’t really say stuff like “I love you” or give kisses or hugs (she does let us hold her, carry her, cuddle her or put her on our laps, but we have to initiate it). She makes good eye contact, smiles and interacts well with us when it comes to games. At the risk of sounding blunt, we don’t (and her pediatrician doesn’t) believe she is autistic. I am ADD though and she does seem to get easily distracted by other tasks or games in the middle of a previous one. I do think it’d be good for social development for her to go into preschool or day care, and good for my wife too as I have a full time job and being a stay-at-home mom for the past 2 plus years is emotionally exhausting for her. I try to help whenever I’m home of course, but I know the balance of childcare is very much on her shoulders. What do people think might be the issue (if any) here, and does anyone have any advice? Or should we just chill and not worry so much? Might delete later once I have some consultation. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Ng0Ubv

No comments:

Post a Comment