Tuesday, 5 November 2019

3 year old being inappropriate. Advice please.


So this may be graphic/inappropriate and I’m sorry. This is a throwaway account, as well. I just really need advice because I can’t understand it and I want to know why this has been happening.My daughter turned 3 in August. Before she even turned 2, she started humping this teddy bear she had. (She still has it and he is currently MIA because things have progressed.. she pulled her pants down and started to hump the bear, and got very protective over him when we even came in the vicinity of the bear. So he’s on vacation for a little bit.) BUT, at the time, my husband and I moved the three of us out of state, so I thought it may have been the move from living with family, to living on our own, and she had discovered that she can do that. She has never been in trouble for this, by the way. We left her alone.We moved back to our home state with family, and it got worse. She started doing it every single day or night, in front of people, whenever wherever. We took her to the pediatrician and asked why, and they said if you don’t suspect abuse, it’s just her exploring and learning her body. (No we didn’t suspect abuse, and I have been a stay at home mother since the day she was born. She hasn’t been left with anyone else more than ten times in her life, especially lasting longer than an hour or two).I went through a pregnancy after we moved, and I did sleep a lot (lots of morning sickness and sleeping was the only thing that made me feel okay). This masturbation thing got much worse, as I’ve already said. Then we moved out of state again this year, and the masturbating has mostly stopped.But the last couple of months, it’s been happening everyday again. There haven’t been any moves, any changes, no big stresses, her life has been consistent and happy, honestly. But it’s different now. She does it when she has to potty (fully potty trained), she does it with other toys, she does it with phones/remotes, she does it in front of whoever, she does it with accessories (like if I put her hair up or do her makeup a little bit for fun, she goes ahead and does it)... she cries when I tell her to go to the room and not to do that with other people around but she doesn’t listen or care.The reason I’m posting is I’ve now asked a couple of pediatricians opinions on this, I don’t believe she was abused (yes there’s always the possibility but I can’t see it.) they all say it’s perfectly normal.. she refuses to do it alone. She has NOT seen me or my husband intimate together, at all. We don’t allow her to look at or watch anything even remotely sexual.And tonight she pooped herself intentionally and purposefully sat in it (she hasn’t had any accidents in months and has been fully potty trained and comfortable using the potty for months) to masturbate with poop in her pants. (Her lady area is now all red and hurts her, so that’s awesome). And this is just getting to be too much for me. I apologize if it’s graphic, but I can’t understand where this is coming from and why. I’m all for exploring bodies and sexuality, and I don’t shame her whatsoever. But I want to know why it’s turned into this. And what should we do for her?Is it just curiosity? Have we traumatized her somehow?? Please give any advice/knowledge/experience you can on the topic, please. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2NBJ1mw

No comments:

Post a Comment