
I was firmly childfree until I got pregnant. I didn’t hate kids but I had never been around them, had no interest, and felt it was not a kind world to bring a child into. My own mother echoed the same sentiments back to me. Now I have a wonderful perfect 1.5yo boy whom I love to the moon and back; he is my everything and has brought a level of value, fulfillment, and appreciation to my life that is beyond anything I ever imagined possible.But I’m sure it’s not generational bias to think the world is going sideways in a bad way. Things I never would have imagined normalized as a kid go without so much as a blink now. The life experience for a child just isn’t the same, in a big and noticeable way. I maintain hope that the pendulum will “swing back” so to speak but I worry that this is only optimism meant to keep me sane and the realistic outcome is much less hopeful.How does everyone stomach this kind of anxiety? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/32jWQLI
No comments:
Post a Comment