
Since the beginning of the school year my 70 daughter has been having increasingly severe anger problems. Getting her up for school in the morning has always been a chore but lately it devolves into her going back to bed, throwing things at my wife, screaming, crying, the whole works. Asking her to do something she doesnt feel like doing, such as chores or cleaning up her room, yields the same results.When she goes into these meltdowns we do our best to stay calm and not feed into it and ask her what's wrong, why is she angry, etc and she only yells "I dont know what's wrong, I cant calm down". Weve taken her to the dr suspecting some sort of imbalance or whatever and all the tests her pediatrician did came back clear so they recommended counseling. The only problem with that is the only counseling available for kids within a 5 hour drive is all catholic faith based which is 110% out of line with our beliefs. (Yay rural midwest)Incase there is something going on outside of her control, I'm really hesitant to punish her any farther than taking away her tablet and other less major things. She is in gymnastics two night a week which I know would get the message across if she was taken out but again, I worry it might be out of her control.The only thing that ever recurs when we actually get an answer out of her is that she is upset about a reading class she was put into at school. She reads very well and the class is only to make sure she stays on track. I was put off by it but her teachers insists it is only to make sure she stays on track, to stay ahead of things I guess. My wife is going to talk to the principal and ask that she is taken out of the class asap. I dont usually disagree with my childrens' educators but this is one I'm really questioning the worth of it.Is there anything I might be missing? I'll post an update with the results of my wife's meeting with the principal. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2oObJIq
No comments:
Post a Comment