
I love my husband, unconditionally, but he’s not the man I married. He has an issue with chronic pain in his back and arm, which he is medicated for. They’ve offered other things such as physical therapy (which he stopped going to) and a spinal cord stimulator (which he decided against). I’m horrified because he’s becoming more and more dependent on the medication they’ve given. In addition, he has serious mental health issues that he is supposed to go see a psychiatrist for. Until then, however, he keeps calling breaks in our relationship, saying that my complaining and attitude makes him miserable. During those breaks, he messages other women and flirts with them and all that. He never talks to me like that anymore. I admit I’m not perfect, but I’m entirely overwhelmed and I feel miserable myself. I love him, but he’s almost always in a bad mood, he says the kids annoy him, he acts like he doesn’t even want us around him at all, and he’s easily angered and kind of aggressive. I’ve tried to set up marriage counseling, but he always changes his mind. My hope is that he’ll go see the psychiatrist, get treated, and maybe decide to go. He’s kind of irrational and controlling, always wanting things to go his way. I think he’s bipolar (I work in the mental health field). I know he’s stressed and overwhelmed, too, which doesn’t help, but I honestly just don’t know what to do anymore. I’ve never been so anxious and depressed I feel like it’s caused me to develop some serious mental health issues myself. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2WSHyfW
No comments:
Post a Comment