
My son is 4 and still wears diapers. He was almost potty trained a few months ago, and then he just gave up. Since then he has had no interest in using the potty. I have been as patient as I can be. The doctor said my son would eventually decide it was time, but I was starting to think that day would never come. Then yesterday I had a quick chat with my son and told him he might not be allowed at school this fall if he was still in diapers. I said it in a calm, matter of fact voice, and made sure he knew I wasn't pressuring him and that he had to make the choice. Wasn't sure it sunk in at all until he just told me he had to pee and went into the bathroom to use the potty all on his own. I know it's just one time, but yay! I'm counting this as a win and just hope he keeps it up. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/31gxU7x
No comments:
Post a Comment