Sunday, 25 August 2019

That one time I had a mental break due to parenting...


I am the proud father of 2 girls (5 and 7) and wouldn't have it any other way. With that said, I did have that one moment of weakness as a parent when my girls were both babies, and they both just wouldn't stop crying. It wasn't a proud moment, but I feel I need to share this story, as a warning for new parents.I'm not the best parent in the world, and I tend to get a bit frantic with crying babies. On this particular day, I just couldn't take the crying any longer. Both kids crying, with the baby crying louder and harder. It was a maelstrom of crying that finally got to me. I had just lost all rational senses. If you're a parent, you know exactly what I'm talking about... Best way to describe it is to imagine the precise moment when the Joker went from some normal human being to the messed up individual that he is. That was me. Except there was no maniacal laughter... just tears and looks of insanity.Without thinking, I had calmly picked up my youngest, and slowly carried her to the front door. My wife stopped whatever she was doing and just watched me while my baby girl, poor thing, just kept crying, completely unaware of what was about to happen to her. Upon reaching the front door, I opened it, stepped outside, and raised her up as if she was Simba from the Lion King, and I was Rafiki. I can only imagine my wife's puzzled look at what I was doing until I did it.... I announced to the entirety of my neighborhood, projecting my voice as loudly as I could, "FREEEEEEE BAAAAAAABY!" I waited there for a few seconds and no one took the offer. Not my proudest moment, and wife won't let me forget it.TL;DR - Had a mental breakdown and tried to give away my baby. Wife was not amused.Proof-read and edited by wife for historical accuracy. Husband is a mythomaniac. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2ZgTRqI

No comments:

Post a Comment