
Nine years ago, I was a terrified 15 year old giving birth in a cold hospital room. I remember when they laid her on my chest and I was so fucking scared and didn't want to touch her because I was afraid I would break her. The nurses had to show me how to hold her because I had never held a baby before! She was so tiny and fragile and cried like she had unlimited air in her lungs. I struggled with what I know now was PPD and busted my ass to finish high school and go to college (got my associate's, working my bachelor's now!) to give her the best life possible.And today, she is nine years old. She is one of the kindest, compassionate kids I know. She's reading at a 8th grade level and her math is at a 5th grade level. She used her own birthday money from her dad's parents to buy her friend a gift instead of using it on herself. She dotes on her little sister and always wants to include her and I've never heard her say a mean thing about a classmate.She would be upset if I called her a baby in real life today, but I can't believe it. The little girl who made me a mother is nine years old today. She is the one who made me get my butt in gear to be a better person for her sake. She (and her sister) have been the motivation, the driving force for their entire little lives. I'm not perfect, but she has always made me want to strive to be as perfect as I can be.Happy birthday Ladybug, momma loves you so much. <3 via /r/Parenting https://www.reddit.com/r/Parenting/comments/cv9ocp/my_oldest_baby_is_9_today/?utm_source=ifttt
No comments:
Post a Comment