Thursday, 22 August 2019

I’m not the boogeyman ffs


I have a hard time making friends. My old crowd was pretty child free and kinda went their own way after I had my kid. Luckily my bff and I were pregnant around the same time, kids are 5mo apart.Anyways, I moved to a new area and for the life of me I can’t make any mom friends. I have peanut and I go to my cities meet ups for moms. I try to be friendly and open, but it doesn’t help. My kid is friendly and sociable and even shares well for a 2yr old.Maybe I look scary. I’m heavily tattooed and modified. Like kids will stare and ask about my stretched ears, I’m more than happy to answer questions. Moms usually just lead them away from me.I know I don’t look like other moms, but I swear I’m nice. I volunteer at animal shelters, I do yoga, I knit and love to bake! I’m a PhD student and I teach!I’m just sad. I want friends. I feel like people who would have been friends with me won’t because I have a kid. And now that I’m a mom other moms don’t talk to me. I thought the whole, “you can’t sit with us.” Bullshit was far behind me :( via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2L1MMAl

No comments:

Post a Comment