Friday, 23 August 2019

I get beat up by my toddler


I am desperate. My toddler will not stop hitting me in the face. When I tell him "no", he goes bananas and starts swinging. When I pick him up to changed his diaper, he hits me in the face, hard. Or he tries to headbutt me. Then when I get him on the changing table, he kicks, hits, and squeezes me.I have tried time outs. I have tried to gently bring his arms down and say no. I've tried telling "I will not let you hit me." I have tried ignoring him. I've tried distracting him with something else. I literally do not know what to do. My husband says it's because he's 2, and he doesn't know how to show his emotions. Hubby doesn't understand because our toddler doesn't do that with him.I don't want to spank him, because I just feel like it reinforces the hitting.What has worked with other parents? I am at my wits end and starting to think my toddler just doesn't like me.Help! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Zlar85

No comments:

Post a Comment