
Hi all. My six year old daughter.. my sweet, beautiful daughter. I adore her. But I am so often annoyed by her. She is very, very, very nosy. I cannot speak a word to anyone else without her butting in. Either butting in to blurt random noise and blither, or butting in to put her two cents at least coherently, or butting in questioning.In the last HOUR for some examples.. Discussing our days itinerary with husband, saying place A is 20 minutes from place B.. as the word 20 mins leaves my mouth she goes loudly “TWENTY MINUTES TWENTY MINUTES” so that at my normal volume, he now cannot even hear me. This is a very frequent behavior, which gets her scolded every single time and yet it still happens at least a handful of times daily.Seeing a post about lil Kim before and after surgery, she is fully in another room, I say to my husband, wow how sad that she did that to herself, she screams out “WHAT? What’s sad?” I say.. this is a private conversation. Not for a kid.Talking to the baby, she will interject and shriek whatever I am saying over me. I say, ok we dress a baby she screams in a shrill voice, “DRESS A BABYYyyyyyyy”I feel like I can not communicate with anyone else in my life without her diving into it and it causes resentment. I feel like I don’t want her around. I want to be able to talk to someone else without her butting in. But all corrections fall on deaf ears and it comes down to threatening loss of privileges and sometimes actually losing them, which doesn’t help anyhow because she will still do the behavior.Any experience with this, please help.And sorry for this, it just to fend off the “this must be your fault for ignoring her” brigade.. this child gets devoted 1:1 time way more than the baby. She doesn’t NEED to behave this way to be heard. She is given the floor to speak plenty of the time. When I come on here for help and my parenting gets shredded because clearly I must be the issue, it’s just additionally disheartening. It would be so nice to be given support or advice without being told I’m a piece of crap. Thank you. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Kp3o4B
No comments:
Post a Comment