Thursday, 22 August 2019

Family members (cousins) with the same name...


I have three kids (a teen SS, and two DDs under 5). My 20 year old sister, who is a hot mess, recently announced she's pregnant. She's in her 2nd trimester now.I asked her about names the other day, and she said she had chosen a girl's name. It is almost the exact same name as my DD. The first name is basically one letter off on pronunciation (example: Sal and Saul, or Cali and Kelly) and the same middle name (with spelling) as my oldest DD. I was surprised and mentioned how similar it was to my daughters name.She freaked out and went on a huge rant about how I don't own the name, and I have no right to say anything since my youngest child and my Mom share the same middle name. I tried to shrug it off, and asked about boy names. Her boy name was my SS's first name and our dad's middle name.I don't want to get worked up over a name, but I'm frustrated (which is more directed at her continuous bad decisions than what she's naming her kid). I know she still has several months to go and could change her mind, and ultimately it is just a name, but I just think it's so weird.Does anybody have a similar situation of people having such close names? I understand special family names, but almost the exact same first and middle name?? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2ZiSanF

No comments:

Post a Comment