
We were in Sweet Tomatoes, my kid's fave restaurant, and a couple tables behind us sat this white haired old man, all by himself. I had my back to him but whenever I would get up with LO to go get something from the buffet, I would notice he was looking at us. And of course I'm thinking, Oh geez, he's probably annoyed that she talks so loud, or is judging our food choices... Because honestly, there are so many gross, judgmental older people where we live. I've had a whole table of senior citizens get up and storm out in disgust when my older daughter and I were sat next to them -- before she could even open her mouth or do anything at all. Some of them just hate children as if they were never a child themselves, or never had kids.Anyway, we got up to leave and this man approaches and I'm thinking ...here comes the unwanted parenting suggestions... And instead he goes, "I hope I'm not intruding. I just wanted to tell you that I eat here all the time and I've never seen such a young child so well behaved as yours. However you're parenting her, you're doing it right." I was so surprised and happy to hear that, I almost teared up on the guy! I wish more people would be like him rather than the douchbags my older one and I encountered.I just wanted to share this in case anyone else has a tendency to be cynical like me, lol! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2YwSdjJ
No comments:
Post a Comment