
My 14 month old watches some television on a regular basis - that I'm not worried about. More often than not she ends up playing and ignoring it half the time. We try to talk to her about what she's watching (Doc McStuffins, Daniel Tiger, etc) to add some type of educational element. We have an iPad set up for long car trips to help her stay calm (she's one that if she gets herself too upset, she throws up - not so fun).I worry about letting it be a distraction and if there's something else I should be doing. This morning, for example - we've had a rough night. She didn't want to be in her crib (which she usually loves) so we was up for a bit then went to bed with us. Long story short (I tend to ramble) all of us got some not so great sleep. Cue this morning. We've been up for a while. She's nursed a lot (much more than normal) and I think part of this is her teething (she has 2 teeth, and at the very least 4, I think more like 6, all coming in at the same time oh-so-slowly).I'm exhausted. We're letting Daddy sleep - thank goodness it's Saturday. She's tired and fussy about pretty much everything. Right now she's sitting on my lap watching Mickey Mouse, whining to just whine. She whines to get down then whines to get back up. She's tired but doesn't want to be rocked. I'm leaving the TV cause it distracts her with minimal effort on my part. This has no educational value, does nothing other than entertain and keep her quiet(ish). I don't do it every day, but I always feel guilty when I do.Thoughts? Other suggestions? Is it bad that I do this? I'm afraid I'm going to be harming her potential due to using TV as a baby sitter as such a young age. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2fO25Q2
No comments:
Post a Comment