Saturday, 5 November 2016

Regressive behaviors in school-age child after big move?


We moved across the country over the summer. My oldest daughter (7) did fine at first but a few weeks into the school year began getting irritable and unreceptive. She began having frequent emotional meltdowns over minor things, something that's never been a problem before. She began wetting the bed a month ago. She doesn't want to talk about it, and hid it initially. We try to reassure her that it's fine, but we don't know what's going on, as this is new for her. The only outwardly thing these new behaviors could be attributed to is the move. I'm still looking for work so I often spend most of the day with her and it's sometimes like she's a completely different child. Could this be depression? She has no history of behavioral problems. I don't want to push her as I don't want to make this worse, so I'm hoping it will go away with time as she adjusts to her new environment. I've been feeling guilty over not addressing it, but is there anything I can do but support her and wait for this to pass? Getting a bit uneasy as it's been a month of this. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2fO7pmn

No comments:

Post a Comment